The Coordinating Commission (CC) shall set forth the Presbytery’s mission directions, goals, objectives and priorities as it is guided by the Presbytery’s Mission Statement, shall regularly review the Presbytery’s Mission Statement, and, together with all Commissions and Ministries of the Presbytery, shall be responsible for coordinating the work of the Presbytery between its meetings and for ensuring that the decisions made by the Presbytery are carried out.
A. The CC shall appoint special Commissions, Ministries, Committees or Task Groups as instructed by the Presbytery, as outlined in the Book of Order, or as it deems necessary for the work of the Presbytery.
B. The CC shall review periodically covenant relationships with other governing bodies and agencies, including the Boards of Uspiritus and Presbyterian Homes and Services, making recommendations to the Presbytery.
C. The CC may grant approval for the celebration of the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper at Presbytery related events.
D. The CC shall nominate to the Presbytery persons to serve on the Commission on Representation.
E. The CC shall suggest changes to the Manual of Operations, for approval by the Presbytery at its next stated or called meeting.
F. The CC shall assume other duties as may be assigned to it by the Presbytery.
Resources and Documents
Members of the Coordinating Commission:
- Andrew Bowman, Teaching Elder, First Presbyterian Church, Somerset
- Tom Burns, Commissioned Ruling Elder, Buckhorn Lake Area Presbyterian Church, Buckhorn
- Scott Cervas, Presbytery Moderator, Teaching Elder, Meadowthorpe Presbyterian Church, Lexington
- Linda Crawford, Past Presbytery Moderator, Ruling Elder, Second Presbyterian Church, Lexington
- Matt Falco, Teaching Elder, Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church, Lexington
- Kathy Fish, Ruling Elder, Corbin Presbyterian Church
- Helen Miller, Ruling Elder, Troy Presbyterian Church, Versailles
- Julie Olt, Presbytery Vice-Moderator, Cynthiana Presbyterian Church
- John White, Teaching Elder, At-Large